Anyone else so happy the weekend is here? I don’t know about you but I’ve never met a Friday I didn’t love!
Camilla is a whole three months today! I can’t believe it, y’all! Part of me feels like we’ve had her here forever and the other feels like she was barely born. So crazy how infancy works. One minute they are sleeping 20 hours a day and the next you’re putting away those newborn clothes and listening to sweet giggles. Insert all the sad eyes regarding those cute newborn clothes. It really does fly by and gets a lot easier in the meantime, especially if you’re a first time mom following along. Soak it in, thats all I’ve got to say! You blink and they are a little bit older and need you a little less.
Okay, before I start crying, let’s get to the good stuff!
Holy moly there are some awesome inventions out there since even having Corbin! I figured I would share my top 10 favorites for you and products that I use every day and LOVE!
9. Baby Shusher– Just the best kept secret thats really no longer a secret. This portable sound machine is like a dream, literally. I turn this on and Camilla is asleep in minutes. It’s so good, I am nearly asleep in minutes too! You need this mama’s!
8. Mamaroo Swing– Still the best swing on the market IMO. It’s currently on sale too-BONUS!! It has 5 or 6 different movement settings, a dock for music from your phone or iPod, and is easy to clean. Corbin and Cam have lived in this thing! Always remember to buckle them up, especially when they are able to roll! **
7. Copper Pearl Car Seat Cover and swaddle blankets– Another product I didn’t have with Corbin that has changed my life. They are SO SOFT and the carseat cover doubles as a nursing cover as well. Such a good baby shower gift too! I have two covers I swap out and use the blankets daily!
6. Nose Frida– OMG I cannot believe I’m adding this to the list but it is a game changer. I refused to use this with Corbin but use it daily with Camilla. It’s 100 times better than the dreaded bulb sucker and I feel is much more sanitary. Once you get over the idea of sucking boogers out of your kids nose, it really isn’t so bad! 😉
5. Halo Bassinet– Camilla sleeps in this next to our bed every night. It has a few different settings for soothing, and makes me feel comfortable knowing she’s right next to us. Love how it also adjusts to the height of the bed and is convenient in that it swivels and the sides slide down to enable picking her up and laying her back down.
4. Haakaa Silicon Breast Pump– If you’re breastfeeding, this is life! Seriously, it helps maintain milk production, and keeps waste at bay. I use it on the opposite side when nursing during every feeding and its allowed me to store and freeze milk.
3. Dock-A-Tot– For co-sleeping or travel this is a must! Easy to maneuver and I actually carry it from room to room if Camilla is sleeping or wants to play under her gym. Also, she only wakes up once at night and a big part I believe is due to this product.
2. Owlet Monitor– Worth every penny IMO. It alerts you on your phone if something is wrong with baby by giving O2 levels and heart rate at your finger tips at all times and gives peace of mind when transitioning baby to crib at night or during nap time.
1. Doona– The greatest invention to date. A carseat/stroller combo. Pricey, but SO stinkin worth it. I LOVE this thing and would buy it again twice.
There are a few more products I could list that I swear by and love, but these are the most consistent in our every day routine. Hoping this is a helpful list if you’re in the market for baby items or gifts! Send me any questions regarding any of the above if you have them in the comments and have a lovely weekend, friends!
Several months ago, when I was still pregnant with Camilla, Soul Slings reached out to me about their amazing baby carriers. I was hesitant at first, just because I rarely if ever used a baby carrier with Corbin. My husband used a cheap one when we would go on trips and I just didn’t think it would be necessary to add to my registry. Little did I know, I would use it frequently.
Insert mom of two.
We are always on the go. Whether its school activities, baseball, or just cooking dinner at home, I am all about baby wearing. Camilla has become a little spoiled to being carried, and sometimes I just have things I have to get done. My ring sling allows me to get chores done around the house or errands checked off my list, all while keeping her content. It comes in a couple fabric options, I chose the cotton jacquard fabric and love how stylish it is. I have to add too, it’s so easy to use and just really makes life a whole lot easier when both she and Corbin need me. I quickly searched a You Tube video upon its arrival on how to use it and wear it and honestly haven’t looked back since. You simply adjust the sling to fit and cradle your babe and pull the fabric through the ring so its nice and comfortable, yet tight enough to carry your babies weight safely. Its been such a game changer, and I would encourage any soon to be mama’s out there to check them out, especially if you’re a mom of multiple children or someone who is constantly busy, you will fall in love with the ease of the ring sling.
They also have several options and carriers that will suit your specific needs if you would rather have something that will grow with your child past infancy. AseemA goes from infancy to toddlerhood, while their standard option holds babies from 15 lbs. to 40. They also have a carrier that can hold a toddler up to 50 lbs. All carriers, including the ring slings come in several fabric and color options and give great support for both parent and child. This option will in fact be our next purchase; a carrier for Camilla to continue to grow with. Especially when traveling; making airports and sightseeing much more enjoyable than lugging a massive stroller or travel system around. So convenient and easy to pack in a diaper bag or even small compartment.
If you’d like more information on baby wearing or how to purchase one of these state of the art baby carriers, you can visit Soul Slings website, here. They are so worth the investment and Soul Slings takes pride in ensuring the quality and satisfaction of their products. Makes me wish I’d tried this sooner! It’s an investment ranging from $60 to $150 depending on the type of carrier and how it will be used, but overall feel the quality, efficiency and handiness make up for the cost. Plus, you’ll be able to use it for years to come! IT’S A MUST and a wonderful product that I’m so glad we came across.
Thank you to Soul Slings for gifting us a ring sling to try and love. Its made all the difference in maintaining a productive mama all while keeping my baby happy while she rests.
Also, thank you to Kimberly Correa with Stills and Ink Photography.
Oh my goodness! The time is drawing near where I’ll be needing my hospital bag! EEEK! I can’t believe I’m officially #38weekspregnant and we have two weeks or less until sweet baby H is in our arms!
I remember the first time around with Corbin, when I didn’t put much thought into what I might need. I was a little naive, nervous and vividly remember our family having to make a trip or two across town to our house to get what I had forgotten during our hospital stay. This time I feel much less nervous and much more prepared. This post is also one that’s been highly requested, so I’m hoping it’s also helpful to anyone who may need a hospital check list. I’ve researched, asked friends, and have felt much more confident in packing for baby #2. 🙂
I wanted to share my list of a few things that I know will be a must for me, but also I’m sharing what’s in Conrad’s bag and what I’ll be putting in Corbin’s big brother bag as well for the day our baby girl arrives. I wanted Corbin to be included in every aspect of this day and in general, and felt this was a good way to get him excited. After all, she is HIS baby too! 😉 We’re all getting so excited to finally meet her!
Hospital Bag must haves for me:
Two sets of pajamas. I chose these and this gown. Both button down for nursing and are super soft.
Considering I’m notorious for overpacking, I would much rather be safe than sorry. They may wonder if we’re moving in but I like to be organized and prepared for a short or longer stay. I’m also sure I’m missing something as well, so leave it in the comments if you think there’s anything left that I just have to take along. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day! I’ll keep you all posted as we get closer to meeting our sweet girl!
Today, Corbin and I are sharing an adorable, interactive, and fun toy company with you all that we have absolutely fallen in LOVE with!!
Rose and Rex is a teacher-curated collection of unique and sophisticated toys that promote childhood development through imaginary play. They range from teethers and rattles to building blocks, dress-up kits and many options for children in infancy to age ten and even older. This distinctive toy collection is teaching children skill building and cultivating problem solving through learning and “playing” it forward. Plus, they have such amazing quality and potential to be passed down for generations to come.
One of my favorite things about Rose and Rex is that they give back. I absolutely love when companies have a heart for others, specifically those in need. Allison, the founder of Rose and Rex has made an intentional effort to support charities such as Second Chance Toys that refurbish and donate plastic toys to children in need to promote and give children an opportunity to learn, grow and play. Rose and Rex is also affiliated with 1% for the Planet. Meaning they are committed to giving 1% of their sales to assist in generating a healthier planet; protecting forests, oceans, rivers and so much more. This stands out to me as a customer as I know a portion of what I purchase is going to something good and that makes me eager to support their efforts so when they contacted me regarding a collaboration, besides the amazing selection of toys they provide, needless to say, there was NO hesitation in saying yes!
If you know Corbin well, you know his love for anything on wheels, specifically tractors and trucks. So we obviously HAD to have the Candylab Bad Emergency Truck. He literally takes it everywhere!! It’s made its debut in church, to the grocery store, the pool and unbelievably is still looking brand new. He also chose the Eco Sea Rock Crayons. These are SO cool, y’all! They literally look like rocks but color so smoothly and I already have several new masterpieces on my refrigerator that he’s proudly created. A perk is that they are $10 and would be such a great gift to pair with a coloring book or thinking even further down the road, stocking stuffer!! Holla!! Rose and Rex also has a broad selection of gift ideas, so if you’re stumped on what to give your favorite little, they have you covered and a full tab of great ideas specified under “gifting”.
Rose and Rex literally has so much to offer and I am SO glad to have connected with them and even more so, thankful to have been able to partner together. Check out their amazing site here. They offer free shipping on purchases of $150 or more, and are also able to ship internationally! You will love their broad selection of beautiful toys that your kids will enjoys for years to come.
I’ve been wanting to write about Corbin lately and all of the fun, cute, and not so cute things he’s been doing, just haven’t had the time to actually SIT in a while and get my thoughts together. Then last night he decided he wanted to stay with Glammy and Grumpy, so I thought, here’s my opportunity! Time to take a minute to tell you all or at least some of the things I want to say about him in this stage of three and give a little life update, if you will. It’s a little all over the place, so bear with me but it’s just something thats been on my heart to write about and something I hope to look back on someday.
Do you ever just sit in amazement at your children and just wish you could freeze frame time, if only for a moment?! I have been going through this, it seems a lot lately and time just continues to fly right by and age three is dwindling. I can’t believe Corbin will be FOUR in August. How did that happen? I still look at him and in those moments whisper “thank you” to God. Time really is a thief and the older I get the more I’m realizing these little moments are the ones that are the most meaningful. The truth us, it’s so easy to get sucked into our day in, day out lives and before we know it, our kids are grown and all thats left are the memories, baby books and photos, if we remembered to take any! Which is why, for me, I’ve started writing things down in hopes to remember what this season of life looked like. The good days, the bad days, the long days, and those I wish could last a lifetime. I hope to be able to give Corbin these “memories” someday but for now, I’m going to share them with you!
Let me begin by saying, Corbin has evolved this year and is becoming such a little man! Sometimes my mama heart breaks that he’s already so big and needing me less and less. It really is bittersweet, friends!! I remember the days when he was SO little, thinking I can’t wait for him to be a little bit older. It’s crazy how that feels like yesterday and that he’s getting older by the minute, is now such a toddler, and a little bit matter of fact, at that. I truly do love this phase and going through each stage with him, sometimes even wishing he could stay little forever, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that three can be ROUGH too! The tantrums, pushing boundaries, and even on occasion when he tells me he likes daddy better or one of my favorites, “Mom, you’re impossible”. Three can be challenging, to say the least. Not to mention, we all know Conrad is more fun than I am! Ha, Mama lost that battle long ago, but apparently I need a reminder every now and then! Regardless, I wouldn’t trade the snuggles, giggles, extremely long bedtime stories, bear hugs, and all of the in between for anything in this world. Being his mommy is the biggest and best accomplishment of my life and this love is unlike any other! My heart grows as he does and I feel like even in those moments of chaos in the store when I’ve threatened to take him to the bathroom 100 times that there will be a day when I’ll miss even that. That’s why I chose to start a journal; things he that he says, and things that he does because I know someday I’ll want to look back and remember these sweet, silly, and even frustrating little moments. I’m also hoping I can use some of this for when he brings his first girlfriend home, when he’s 30, that is!
Now, I know ALL mama’s say this about their children but this little boy of mine is SMART! Like, sometimes the things and words that come out of his mouth, just amaze me. The other day we were running errands and he mentioned how if we lived by a lake or the ocean, it would be cool to have a car that would “transform” into a boat. He just uses words and sentences correctly and it’s pretty awesome. This was after singing all the months in the year and days of the week. All by himself. He loves his tools, can name all types and y’all I’m pretty sure they are his love language. Future wife, be prepared to buy lots of Black & Decker! This kiddos got a big vocabulary and honestly really always has but recently he seems to be using bigger, more profound words, and not always good ones! Oops! (I’m to blame for most of the profoundness) I too, am working on my language and asking Jesus regularly to help me get a handle on my words and practicing using them more wisely, especially when it comes to Lubbock traffic or catching my child pee in the outdoor dog bowl. Need I say more?
Lately, every time Corbin goes outside and finds a dandelion or something that resembles a flower and brings it to me then says, “Don’t kill this one, mommy”. It’s the sweetest little gesture and cracks me up considering they wilt the second he brings them inside. Yet I’m kind of starting to think he has my inability to keep plants alive figured out already. Either way, I think its the sweetest and so thoughtful of him to think of me, even if I kill them!
Corbin also shares and is kind, and although, a tad rambunctious at times, #boywillbeboys he has a heart for Jesus. He cares about his friends and is genuinely concerned about those he loves. We began soccer about two months ago and during one of his first practices, one of his sweet friends on his team was running and accidentally fell on the hard, dead grass which ultimately made his hand bleed a little (bless, we need rain so terribly). Corbin just stood there with his friend worried as the ball rolled right past them. He made sure his friend was okay before resuming play. Then, by the end of practice was giving his friends mom advice on how to care for his scratch. Neosporin and a band-aid should fix it right up, he told her. We may have an M.D. on our hands, friends! Dr. Henderson in the house! Really though, his sweet heart is one of my favorite things about him, among so many others.
One moment recently that has made me so proud of him is, he can now say the entire Lord’s Prayer. The whole thing, friends! He began learning the Lord’s Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance at school and has just continued to recite them at home with us. Y’all, it is the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard next to hearing him thank Jesus for literally everything during his prayers at night! He even says thank you for Daddy’s tools. I’ve never heard anyone thank the Lord for a jigsaw, but he sure does and we giggle a little. I love his prayers. They are sincere. He folds his sweet little hands, bows his head and just talks to God. I pray he will always turn to the Lord and that his relationship with the Almighty will only continue to blossom and grow through the years. That alone is beautiful, but my favorite part is after he kisses us goodnight, he whispers ” I love you to the moony moon”. It’s been our thing since he was just a babe and to carry this along is so special, as simple as it is. It’s our thing, and I love it!
Tractors. Tractors. Tractors. His one true love. Above, I mentioned doctor. Umm, we may want to re-think that, as farmer might better suit. He has about 20 or so different tractors, all shapes, sizes, colors and brands. This kid loves them! He knows skid steers from backhoes and excavators. I am slowly learning the difference, as he is teaching me. He knows so much about them and it’s truly fascinating. I wonder if he’ll always love them or if its something he’ll grow out of! Any who, if you need us, we’ll be down the road watching the construction take place in our neighborhood. NBD! Beyond tractors, he’s constantly learning and sharing all of his ideas, asking lots of questions and his innocence is so pure and precious. I love listening to him and how he thinks about things. If only we could just soak in the simple and let all the rest go. Life may be a whole lot different if we saw things the way children do. Yet, I pray we can teach him to love others, be kind, generous and that his heart would continue to know and grow in Christ each and every day! That someday he will be a serving and courageous man of God. Thats my hope for him in this life. He is a sweet, special little boy and I am so grateful I get to be his mama and raise him up. It truly is an honor and the best gift, even on the days when I am tired, have to dig a little deeper and motherhood isn’t looking its finest on me, I have to TREASURE those moments. Thats the only advice I have, friends. Treasure!
I hope you’re still with me, as I didn’t intend on writing a novel today, yet I hope I gave a little insight on our day to day and our sweet Corbin Lee. Looking back on this age and all of the fun we have had in year three, I feel so blessed. He is healthy, happy, lively, and so incredibly loved!
I’ll close with this sweet little quote “You will never have this day with your children again, tomorrow they will be a little older than they were today, this day is a gift, breathe and notice, smell and touch them, study their faces and little feet, pay attention, relish the charms of the present, enjoy today, it will be over before you know it.”
Here comes Peter Cotton Tail, hopping down the bunny trail… Hippity, Hoppity, Easter’s on its way! This song is currently on repeat in our household, and my son keeps asking when the Easter bunny is coming to lay eggs. We may need to re-tell the story of Easter, folks. Ha!
Anyways, I love, love this time of year for so many reasons! One, it finally feels like SPRING, and two, Easter always feels like a fresh start or new beginning to me. From the sadness of the crucifixion and death of Jesus to the joy and hope that lies in his resurrection brings forth so many emotions. It is inconceivable to comprehend the magnitude of pain and suffering Jesus endured and the weight of sin on is shoulders that encompassed his last day on earth. His love for us proves to be so powerful, even in the most horrendous of times. I can’t begin to fathom his thoughts or what he was experiencing. What I do know though, is that in three days, Jesus was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of God until He is to return. He overcame death and He LIVES! Even better is, He is coming for us one day and that, my friends, gives me HOPE and the fuel I need to navigate through life, each and every day. On those good and bad days. My hope rests in Him alone! It’s mind boggling and so incredible! He loves Us so much, friends! You and ME! Maybe thats why this time of year is so special. It’s a reminder of his unfailing, everlasting love for US. He is so good and I hope you are reminded of this and filled in this season of blooms and colored eggs. That he will make you new and give you that fresh start, if you so need it! Can I get an Amen?!
(well that escalated quickly) I didn’t intend on writing and spilling my heart into this fun and light-hearted post about what to wear for Easter, but there you have it! Hoping it will resonate with at least one of my readers and will give Hope in this new spring season.
So, you have the Holy Spirit. Now, what are you going to wear? I’ve compiled a few favorites to help you out! Here are some cute dresses, including kids outfit inspiration, which are options that can even double if you have a spring wedding or event coming up. I am loving all of the bright colors lately too. Neutrals are so classic and always in style but a pop of color in your wardrobe every now and then can be so cheery and fun. Take a look at these options below and hover and click on the images to be redirected, if you so choose.
And yes (#fail), my Gucci belt is upside down. I was running out the door, per usual as I am ALWAYS late and didn’t even think to look down while putting my belt on. So, needless to say, real life happens and I still loved these pics so I had to use them. Hoping by Easter I’ll have it together a little better. We will see! 😉
Besides the cute outfits, what are your Easter traditions? Do you take your kids to see the Easter bunny? Color eggs? Hunt them? Have family over? Generally, we color eggs and I plan on taking Corbin this week or the first of next to see the Easter bunny. They are always good pictures, and it’s a guessing game on how he will react. Easter Sunday is for us starts with church and is followed by gathering around the table with the ones I love most for a meal before the Easter egg hunting commences.
I love these traditions and soak them up, and at the end of the day am reminded to reflect on His love, and be thankful for the time we’re able to spend together as a family. No matter your traditions, I pray you will be Blessed this Easter season, that your outfit game will be strong, 🙂 and the light of Jesus will radiate through you!
Happy day, sweet friends!!
A special thanks to my mama for capturing these moments of Corbin and me!
I hope this post finds you well and that your New Year is off to an amazing start! With the chaos and hustle and bustle finally at a stand still, I felt it was necessary to sit down fill you in on whats been taking place these last couple of weeks.
Let’s go back to the beginning. For the past couple of years, I’ve been praying for guidance on what God has been stirring in my heart to fulfill, share, and accomplish. I have a degree in fashion and have always wanted to use that toward opening a store or doing exactly what I have been doing for the past few months through blogging and writing. Sharing fashion, great finds and all things I love has been so fulfilling for me and I’ve met some amazing and inspiring women in the process that have been such a light and so helpful when I feel overwhelmed in this cyber world. Trying to juggle wife life and mommin ain’t always easy but it’s more than worth it and I have loved every minute on this new journey!
So, with that, I’m writing to tell you that through countless hours of consult, prayers, advice, tears, frustration, and finally acceptance, I have decided to change the blog name. It’s a minor tweak, if you will, and nothing else will change. I am still going to be pursuing my goals and dreams, promoting brands, sharing fashion tips, sales and OBVIOUSLY our growing boy! This journey has been one that I have LOVED thus far and I can’t tell you how grateful I am for the opportunity to be able to share our lives with you all and live candidly, while being a stay at home mama to our little guy. I know God has amazing plans for each of us, for me, and even this blog. He knows my heart and my intentions, even if others don’t and that I created this space to share my passion and to live authentically. To watch Corbin grow and to share the daily, even if it’s mundane and uneventful. I intend to continue to do just that.
The truth is, we can do as much research as possible, try to be as original and make a conscious effort to do things the right way, yet unfortunately, sometimes mistakes happen, important details get overlooked and the scratch piece of paper with your own ideas and what you found so fitting, just isn’t yours anymore. What makes you successful is to continue to try until you get it right. To be yourself, learn and grow when situations aren’t ideal. To forgive and forget and realize, God closes one door just to open another. I will continue to put my faith in him above all, to love people and to hopefully inspire your wardrobe. 🙂
Cheers to starting 2018 better, stronger, and more motivated. I pray you will continue to follow along! I also want to say thank you!! I’m so thankful for you all; for reading, and being supportive of this dream. You will never know how much it means to me! I am beyond grateful for your love, encouragement and support!
Stay tuned, as the new name will be live this week! It’s a minor change and a weight lifted off of my shoulders, to say the least! I can’t wait to start writing again and to get back into the swing of things!
Today has me full of excitement! One, because its Friday and secondly, it’s December 1st!
Today I wanted to share 10 Christmas traditions that we have started in our little family & I hope you’ll enjoy reading each one!
1. Christmas Decorations! Obviously you know this is a must for me. I absolutely LOVE to decorate and now that Corbin’s old enough to help and have fun with the process, makes it all the better and so worth while! Our house is dusted in glitter right now and I’m not mad about it. We went with traditional this year because he’s little and I wanted him to have a tree with snowballs and cotton and all the things. He has told me every day that our tree is beautiful! Well, melt my heart why don’t you?
2. Baking. We love to bake together. We make gingerbread houses, cookies, and even a birthday cake for Daddy. If you don’t know, my husbands birthday is also on Christmas so we like to celebrate him by making him a special cake and wrapping his gifts in birthday paper. Corbin is a master egg cracker and mixer and I basically just take orders. Ha! We made sugar cookies and decorated them this week and it was so fun to see how creative he is, not to mention his decorating skills are on point. Even if he did eat more than he decorated. 🙂 We will do this numerous times this month, so don’t be surprised if we show up with baked goods at your doorstep or if I gain 10 extra pounds. Hey, that’s what food baby sweaters are for, am I right?
3. If you haven’t started the Elf on the Shelf tradition, it’s not too late. “Dash” arrives on the 1st (eek tonight) and causes mischief all over our house. From marshmallow baths, hanging Corbin’s undies all over the tree, to sneaking in stickers or a fun festive book when little “C” is good, his silly tactics are sure to keep your little one on the nice list. It makes for a fun, and sometimes challenging tradition. Challenging in that I have to remember to move him. #mombrain at its finest.
4. One thing, even as a kid I remember loving is looking at Christmas lights. This is a tradition we have definitely kept alive. Thankfully, the caroling has not been something we’ve picked back up! Pretty sure no one wants to hear this pitch deaf voice of mine and it would take a million dollars to get Conrad to sing “Jingle Bells” in front of an audience! Can you imagine? Any who, on Christmas light night, we all bundle up, grab a hot chocolate and drive around our favorite neighborhoods in town looking at lights. There is even a neighborhood that has one street fully decked out. It’s so fun to see the lights in perfect harmony with the music and all of the people lined up to take a gander.
5. The five things. This is something I love and a tradition we decided to start with Corbin, as it makes gift buying easy and less stressful in trying to figure out what to get each other. 1. Something to wear. 2. Something you need. 3. Something you want. 4. Something to read. 5. Something from Santa.
6. Our annual ornament is a tradition we started before we were engaged. We literally have an ornament that dates back to 2010 if you can imagine and its been hanging on our tree every year since. I’m so thankful for these fragments of our love and growth and I hope to look back at them many years from now and remember what season of life we were in and the memories attached to that ornament.
7. Mall Santa photo sesh. I mean, obviously! Something all parents should attempt at least once. I don’t think there could have been a person on the planet Corbin disliked more than Santa at age one. Since then, he’s really started to take to the jolly ol fella and has even tried calling him a time or two on my phone. Oh my! Don’t kid yourself, I’ve definitely threatened to call him too. Maybe three or four times already today, in fact. All jokes aside, I’m excited to see how he reacts this year. I have a feeling Santa may want to take a shot of vodka and make himself as comfortable as possible because this kids list is a mile long and growing. Put it this way, every time Disney Jr. comes on, its something new. We’re in for it this year, friends! May want to send a few prayers up and we honestly may want to invest in a few lottery tickets to keep up with this one!
8. It’s always so important to remember others in this season. Although this is a time of celebration, there are so many in need and those who have so little and even some with no one to spend the holidays with. Giving back is BIG for our family. A donation to a local charity or food bank, picking one or even a few angels off of the tree, serving a meal at your local soup kitchen, or simply inviting your neighbor over for dinner, are small things that can make such an impact and change a persons perspective about the holiday season. Jesus is the reason, so remember to glorify him through serving and loving others.
9. Brand new Christmas Eve pj’s and cuddling on the couch with popcorn and our favorite Holiday movie is priceless. We love to read the The Christmas Story or T’was the Night before Christmas to end the night before bed. Cookies and Milk are out and ready for Santa and waking up to a big family breakfast is always a good idea. I love waking up in our home on Christmas morning and just taking in all of the goodness with a fresh cup of coffee and Christmas music playing in the background. These are the moments I cherish and hope to always remember.
10. Our favorite tradition to date is the Christmas Eve service at our church. It’s always a packed house, and is so meaningful. We get to dress up, hear the Christmas story, and just praise. It is a time of worship, giving and community and above all, the REASON. So thankful for this service, our church and for those who sit with us in our row. Our family and friends all gathered together to witness the beauty that is Christmas. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate tradition than with the ONE who started it all.
Thank you for stopping by to read our family traditions. How do you celebrate this time of year? I hope that however it is spent, it is with those most significant and that the love of the season shines through to you and yours!
It is officially fall and one of our favorite things to do as a family is to visit the local pumpkin patch. We find pumpkins for carving, ride the tractor, get lost in the corn maze, but mainly, my end goal is to display as many pumpkins on my front porch as possible, of course, in Pinterest like form. We just love this time of year! So much!
Today, I’m so excited to be teaming up with The Rooted Pear to share the CUTEST fall tees. This duo is not only amazing at designing and printing meaningful and faith centered clothing, they also have the perfect balance of home decor ranging from throw pillows to beautiful hand-painted farmhouse style signage. Y’all, I could so easily get into some trouble while browsing their IG account and on Etsy. I’m thinking I may need to make sure Conrad’s still on location on the day that UPS shipment is delivered! 😉
In all honesty though, what sets this company apart from the rest and what I love most is that they reflect and incorporate scripture into their brand. It is something that stands out to me, so when they approached me in collaborating I was beyond excited and even more so, honored.
Suzy Baldwin and Brittany Purkey are the pair behind the Pear! Essentially two best friends from the Dallas area who share a passion for using their creative gifts to glorify God. The inspiration behind The Rooted Pear comes from Deuteronomy 6, which says “Write (the commandments) on the door frames of your house and on your gates”. Their mission is to encourage conversations about God’s love and mercy with family, friends, neighbors and anyone who enters and is welcomed into their, as well as, your home.
The intent and message behind their products simply radiates goodness. For instance, they pray over each item made before it is prepared for shipment. It is blessed before it even enters your home, and to me that speaks volumes. I feel as if these sweet women are changing lives one order at a time and will continue to influence this broken world through their kindness in loving and encouraging others and, of course, with their amazing talent and gifts. So thankful to have been a very small part of this beautiful company in partnering with them.
Corbin and I had so much fun choosing pumpkins and wearing our darling tees and for a limited time The Rooted Pear will be offering my readers and followers a coupon code when ordering through October 14th. Use the code BBFALLTEE and remember to follow The Rooted Pear on Instagram and Facebook for updates on current and new designs. You can also shop Corbin and my tees at therootedpear.etsy.com. Happy shopping, friends!
Thank you so much to The Rooted Pear for sponsoring this post.
Waking up to my sweet family, praising Jesus in church, lunch (usually at Abuelo’s) it’s becoming our little tradition, and just preparing for a new week, is simply the best. Sunday is a day of rest for us and in my mind has always been looked at as a new, and fresh start. I especially love Sundays in the fall, just because, in my opinion, fashion is so much better in this season. Styling our outfits for church is definitely something I look forward to most. I know God doesn’t care what we look like, and loves us regardless, but it sure feels good to dress up for him each week!
Having Corbin has made it even more fun for me. Since putting together outfits is something I have always loved, you can imagine my excitement in getting to dress up my little boy in cute suspenders and little bow ties. I hope he continues to allow me to dress him up for years to come, unlikely but I’ll milk it as long as it lasts!
Speaking of cute bowties and suspenders, this boy just melts my heart! How sweet is his outfit, y’all? And this dress is so good! It’s olive, which I see becoming a quick trend in my closet (in this season especially) and is versatile in that it pairs so well with booties in a more casual setting or can be dressed up with a cute pump for work. Also, lets talk about this cross body that I am more than a little obsessed with! Metallic anything is #goals and this bag just adds a little sass to every outfit. Jeans, dresses, shoot even a basic tee; it simply transforms and adds a little something extra! Plus its such a great size for holding all the essentials, yet won’t break your back, like most bags I tend to carry!
With that, it’s time to soak up the rest of our Sunday; with a pot of chili on the stove, my “leaves” candle burning and football on tv, I can’t think of a better way to end the weekend!
Wishing you all a happy and blessed Sunday, sweet friends!